Year 12 Calendar Dates and Information
As we approach the end of our first term with your sons/daughters, we would like to tell you how pleased we have been with them and we told them this in assembly this morning. They seem to have settled in well and are enjoying Sixth Form life. We know the step up is not always easy, and the challenges of Level 3 courses can come as a surprise, so well done them for coping so well so far!
Next week we have the following arrangements:
- Monday 18th – Registration and all lessons as normal (full day).
- Tuesday 19th – No lessons, but we have Christmas Assembly at 10.30. We would love the students to join us for fun and festivities! They should arrive at about 10.20 please.
In January, the term will start as follows:
- Wednesday 3rd to Friday 5th – Internal exams in most subjects. No timetabled lessons (unless by individual arrangement with teachers).
- Monday 8th & Tuesday 9th - Reading days – no lessons (unless by arrangement with teachers). This is to ensure that the whole process of internal and external exams runs as efficiently as possible and that marking, re-sits and feedback to students is effective and useful. We are aware that some students may have external exams in this period too.
- Wednesday 10th – Full day. Registration and normal timetables resume.
- w/c 22nd January – Re-sits after school (where necessary) this week.
- Wednesday 31st January - Parents’ Evening 4pm to 7pm.
On behalf of the Sixth Form team I would like to wish you all a happy and peaceful Christmas break.
Head of Sixth Form